South East England, England
£55000 - £58000 per annum
2 months ago
Principal Planning Lawyer
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Principal Planning Lawyer is required to join a highly regarded local authority in the Home Counties for a period of 12 months fixed.
You will be taking over from a permanent member of staff who is due to go on maternity leave and ideally our client is keen to take someone on for a fixed period of time however is open to securing a locum for this post.
- The successful Principal Planning Lawyer will be managing a team of 3 with varying levels of experience from newly qualified through to Senior Lawyer level.
- You will be conducting weekly team meetings, updating and maintaining budgets
- You will be supporting the newly qualified with their professional development and delegating files across to the team
- Be the first point of contact for internal and external clients, building and maintaining relationships
- Conducting a full caseload of both planning and highways agreements of the more complex nature but sometimes routine matters as well
- Candidates with CPO and development experience is highly sought after due to current projects ongoing
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is already undertaking a similar role or someone who is an experienced Planning lawyer with some management experience looking for their next step in their career.
Our client is keen to get someone onboarded around August time with the view for a handover thereafter.
We encourage interested applicants seeking part time or full time to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.