Durham, County Durham
£37570 - £43772 per annum
7 months ago
Principal Software QA Tester - Are you looking?
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Principal Software QA Developer to join a large Public Sector organisation based in Durham.
The Principal Software QA Tester will be expected to assist with the overall management of the IT Systems and Product Development team.
- Review and analyse system specifications, and evaluate product code against this
- Plan and execute manual and automated tests
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Conduct post-release and post-implementation testing including co-ordinating User Acceptance Testing activities
- Test and implement web standards in accordance with appropriate Department of Health, government and international web standards guidelines
- Where necessary, generate reports on IT related issues to be written for dissemination to other departments or committees
- Interpret technical or administrative documentation and advise the Business as to their implications
- Evaluate submissions and proposals from third party suppliers to evaluate value for money and service comparisons
- Escalate all suspected security incidents to ICT Security Management
- Maintaining and supporting a wide portfolio of systems and solutions currently in use and any subsequently deployed both externally and internally
- Define and implement sustainable mechanisms for the testing of public and internal web presence
- Undertake the planning, testing and implementation of further rollout of complex systems
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and coordination of tasks allocated to team members and UAT testers, resulting from pre and post testing along with application monitoring
- Planning and implementing testing programmes for equipment assurance and disaster recovery planning
- Suitable technical professional qualification for a senior position e.g. MCSD or equivalent experience OR HND with suitable experience.
- Experience as a software Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Conducting manual and automated testing across a portfolio of applications, systems and languages (mainly .Net C# and VB)
- Managing defects in test management tools; for example Visual Studio, TFS/VSTS and Test Manager
- Significant experience in supporting and delivering a large, complex and diverse organisational projects to tight deadlines.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience with testing in an environment which uses these technologies:
- Net and/or .Net Core
- C# and VB.Net
- MVC and WebForms
- Unit Tests
- Experience with testing mobile browser user experience
- Project management and Quality Assurance methodology
- Experience with Microsoft technologies: .NET, SQL Server, SSRS, SharePoint
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Nyari Breslin at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.