£26 - £35 per hour + + flexible working arrangements
11 months ago
Personal Injury Lawyer - Government Legal Department
Contract - 12 months
£26 - 35 per hour
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Personal Injury Lawyer to join a Government Legal Department in London for a minimum of 12 months. The successful candidate will be a qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and will have strong civil litigant experience. The Personal Injury Lawyer will join a team that is responsible for the handling of private law claims brought against the Ministry of Justice. The majority of these cases are personal injury claims but there are also claims for false imprisonment, breach of the Human Rights Act. In addition the team deals with a large number of inquests, primarily on the part of the prison service.
The ideal candidate for this Personal Injury Lawyer role will have:
- Qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Strong private law civil litigation
- 3+ years of post-qualified experience
- Public sector/Central Government experience desirable but not essential
The successful candidate for this Personal Injury Lawyer role will be required to:
- Handle private law claims brought against the Ministry of Justice
- Deal with personal injury litigation including dealing with fast-track and multi-track claims
- Handle all aspects of their cases from pre-action stage up to and including appeals
- Take responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy
- Working from home Exclusively with a view to flexible working from their Westminster office in the future
- Central Government role
- 12 month contract with likely extension based on performance
- £26-35 per hour
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.