Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£20000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership is currently working on behalf of a large Newcastle based charitable organisation to appoint a Procure to Pay Lead Accountant on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience in accounts payable and purchase ledger to join a finance team undergoing significant change.
- Ensure expenditure is recorded in the correct period it is incurred
- Ensure robust P2P procedures are in place, maintaining a good cash outflow position, including escalation process and negotiation of alternative payment options if necessary
- Ensure Credit Master file incorporates key metrics for tendering purposes
- Business Partnering with finance and operational leadership to ensure full awareness of the latest business decisions impacting on expenditure, providing purchase analysis and commitment reporting where applicable
- Negotiation of Creditor contractual terms and conditions
- Support the monthly and year-end financial closure by providing timely and accurate P2P results
- Review and issue of Creditor payment runs and ad hoc Creditor payments
- Ensure Creditor balances are monitored and action taken for Aged and/or credit balances
- Direct line and workload management of P2P Assistant
This role is based in Newcastle upon Tyne, however the team have adopted agile working so it would be possible to work remotely at times.
The successful candidates will have:
- GCSE Maths & English (A*-C/4-9) or equivalent
- AAT Level 4 (or equivalent) or willingness to complete on appointment
- Experience of supporting the wider business in administering Procurement activities
- Experience of accounts payable and purchase ledger
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to thoroughly review transactional entries
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good MS Office Skills, including Advanced Excel
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 30 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years' service) and with the option to purchase or sell days.
- Enhanced Pension
- Refer a Friend payment, Cycle to Work & Enhanced Car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP & priority Physiotherapy access and shopping discounts.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.