Coventry, West Midlands
£11 - £13 per hour
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a successful and growing Public Sector organisation in Coventry who seek a Procurement & Commissioning Assistant on a temporary basis to provide maternity cover for the next 6 months. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Procurement professional to further develop their career and gain some invaluable experience.
The purpose of the Procurement & Commissioning Assistant is to support the delivery of the Council's corporate Commissioning and Procurement strategy and plans by providing advice and information on procurement and commissioning matters to procurement colleagues, procurement practitioners and service managers.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Procurement & Commissioning Assistant:
- Critical testing in preparation for the upgrade of ERP/P2P system
- Continuing the roll-out of the new purchase card system, writing guidance notes and maintaining the cardholder database
- Working on the development of Contract Management systems
- Providing super-user support on the Council's e-tendering system
The successful Assistant Buyer will:
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector procurement processes and legislative requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and be able to create complex Excel reports and have excellent report writing skills.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Alex Rowland at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.