£46536 - £48576 per annum
12 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Great opportunity for two Procurement and Contracts Lawyers to join the London Borough of Hackney!
Hackney Council are looking for two Procurement and Contracts Lawyers to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this highly regarded Central London Council.
The Procurement and Contracts Lawyers will join the welcoming and supportive team. They will handle a mixed legal caseload including:
- Drafting, negotiating and amending commercial contracts, such as:
- Terms and conditions (services and supplies)
- Data-sharing agreements
- ICT contracts
- Construction and works contracts (JCT, NEC)
- Public Procurement advice (Public Contracts Regulations 2015)
- General commercial and contracts legal advice
- Attendance and advice at Council Committees and Boards, including Report writing
- Governance and Constitutional advice
- Legal research
Hackney Council is a wonderful place to work; recently rated 'Excellent' in the Equality Standard for Local Government and a promoter of inclusive leadership, as well as being a Disability Confident Employer. This an unmissable opportunity to join this great Council! The two Procurement and Contracts Lawyers will also be provided with training and development opportunities. These roles will be great additions to the CV, with valuable experience and exposure.
At present Hackney Legal Services are working remotely and in the future Hackney Council plans to offer a hybrid of home and office-based working.
Benefits of joining Hackney Council:
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Excellent pension with 31.5% employer contribution
- Generous remuneration, paying £46,536 - £48,576
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly
- Range of discounts including subsidised gym membership
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Friendly and supportive team
- Training and development opportunities
- Interesting, wide ranging work
- Cyclescheme and free pool bikes
The Procurement and Contracts Lawyers should each be a qualified legal professional with relevant experience in the area of law. Prior local government experience is preferable.
If interested, please apply with your CV and a supporting statement explaining how you meet the requirements in the job description and person specification and Sellick Partnership will share this with Hackney Council.