£200 - £230 per day
11 months ago
x2 Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
A large Local Authority in South Yorkshire organisation are currently two interim Procurement & Supply Chain Managers for a period of 6 months. These positions will fall within the Care and Professional Services categories.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager:
- Take the lead in relation to a nominated and agreed category operating within a spend area, assisting the Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager in managing the portfolio
- Act as the Centre of Expertise for the nominated spend area and ensure that at all times that there is proper compliance with the overall Category Management Strategy, Council's Procurement Strategy and Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, European and UK Legislation on procurement
- Develop and implement a strategy for the spend area, ensuring continuous improvement in costs and quality, and implementation of Best Practice procurement and contract management
- Working with and supporting the Management Team to ensure that the strategic objectives of the Council are achieved, as far as possible, through the effective Procurement and management of Contracts, ensuring value for money is achieved, realisation of benefits is maximised, robust commercials are in place and risks are managed and mitigated as appropriate
- Management of stakeholders to market the benefits of the spend area and contracts; ensure use of the category suppliers; lead cross-functional teams to identify/challenge category requirements and develop 'fit for purpose' category strategies
- Implementation of the agreed procurement and contract management strategy
- Monitor and evaluate spend, throughput on contracts and contractors to identify high or aggregated expenditure which can then be addressed in line with the developed strategy
- Responsibility for change management, risk management, dispute resolution, document management, contingency planning, exit planning, managing key contractual events (e.g. periodic price reviews), that are suitable for (internal and external) audit purposes and all of which impact on service for non-strategic contracts
- Monitor, manage and report on category performance indicators and provide statistical returns as required. Drafting and where necessary presentation of financial and written reports and/or presentations tailored to suit the target audience inc. Boards, Members, Client and Customers
- Ensuring that best practice supplier relationship management is in place and applied over the life of the contract. Own the relationship with category suppliers; deal with supplier performance issues (cost, quality, delivery etc); monitor and report on supplier performance
The successful Procurement Manager will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts and associated technical and legal processes (contract law, etc)
- Experience of Procurement and Contract Management including commercial negotiation of significant value and/or risk
- Experience of preparing reports, briefs or general information and their presentation to diverse audiences
- Well-developed procurement and contract management skills in order to prepare and deliver a strategy as well as a detailed contracting programme involving some complex tendering and contract management processes
- Recognised accredited procurement or contract management professional qualification or prepared to work towards achieving one
Please note that specific experience in the Care/Professional Services categories are desirable, not essential. My client would welcome candidates with indirect category experience and also from the Private Sector. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large, successful Local Government organisation on a long-term assignment. This position offers excellent rates, longevity and would be a welcome addition to a CV.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.