Durham, County Durham
£33000 - £38000 per annum
10 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working exclusively with a North East based Local Authority who are looking to appoint two Procurement Category Specialists to work in their Corporate Procurement function. The successful individuals will provide professional procurement resource to support and advise internal and external partners and to assist in the delivery of the Council's objectives to meet the requirements of the organisation.
- To manage procurement projects and carry out tendering activities to establish the required contractual relationships and ensure that procurement spend is strategically managed to achieve social value and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- To provide professional procurement consultancy support and advice to service groupings, and partner organisations in their procurement activity for devolved procurement projects.
- To provide professional procurement support to the Strategic Category Manager (s) to develop and implement category management processes to secure quality and deliver value for money across the Council.
- To provide professional procurement support to the Strategic Category Manager (s) in developing strategies that are commensurate with the requirements of the Council's Medium Term Financial Plan.
- To provide professional support to the Strategic Category Manager (s) to develop and implement commercial improvement and enhance commercial activities across Corporate Procurement that align with the requirements of the Council's commercial agenda.
- To manage spend categories utilising category management processes to secure quality and deliver value for money across the Council.
- To ensure that all procurement activity complies with the Councils Strategy for Procurement and its associated policies, together with, for example, the Contract Procedure Rules and procurement best practice. This will also include providing advice and guidance to service areas and partner organisations for devolved area procurement projects.
- To carry our contract management and strategic supplier relationship management activities to ensure that the optimum performance and value is achieved and the expected benefits are realised from all contractual relationships.
As a Procurement Category Specialist it's expected that you will be CIPS Qualified to at least Level 4, ahve experience of managing major procurement projects and experience in the delivery of service improvements, cost reduction and value for money improvements.
If you're interested in these opporutnities please speak to Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership for further information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.