£35000 - £43000 per annum
Working with our client you will be responsible for leading the process for procuring contracts for a variety of categories, including facilities, estates, finance, curriculum and ICT and other projects and services.
This role will contribute to embedding best practice, efficiency and effectiveness within procurement processes and decisions, ensuring compliance with EU and UK legal obligations and assisting us to achieve savings.
Reporting to the Regional Procurement Manager you will be responsible for offering a pro-active and comprehensive service and advice on all aspects of procurement for all levels of personnel and manage relationships between our client and their diverse range of suppliers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To take prime responsibility for carrying out a variety of procurement activities for our clients (as agreed with the client and the Procurement Manager) and that effective professional dialogue is maintained with the client in relation to the following activities:
* Research, analysis and reviewing of client non pay expenditure;
* Providing full procurement activity reports;
* Identifying, delivering and securing savings across a wide range of spend categories;
* Obtaining, compiling and keeping various data up to date to inform our clients of procurement activities;
* Exploration of the clients current spend with subsequent benchmarking and market testing activity to consider alternative suppliers and where appropriate drafting reports which recommend changes to achieve savings;
* Review of the client's current written procurement procedures and regulations including recommendations as to any changes that should be made;
* Drafting of policy and procedure notes in relation to procurement and value for money;
* To prepare all necessary paperwork for tenders and Requests for Quotation, including realistic timetables that comply with regulations (OJEU and clients own financial regulations);
* Project manage all procurement activities against agreed timetables, alerting the Regional Procurement Manager and Directors (where necessary) and the client, of any potential difficulties and delays;
* Keeping records of savings performance vs. reported targets;
* Ensuring that the client's workplan and contract data is kept current and up to date.
* Drafting monthly and termly progress reports.
2. To be pro-active with the client's staff to promote the benefits of procurement best practice and to provide advice and assistance as required with sourcing goods and services.
3. To assist in the preparation of relevant paperwork for all Request for Quotes and tender (including: OJEU Notices, SQ Questionnaires and Evaluations, Specification Documents, ITTs, Tender Evaluations, award notices and Letters.