Up to £43604 per annum
0113 243 9775
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of a Manchester based public sector client, for a Procurement Manager to lead on the procurement of good and services and compliance with public procurement regulations, evolving and implementing policy and liaising with external parties. You will share best practice, ensuring compliance with public procurement regulations, including providing leadership and support in relation to local procurement activity.
- You will develop procurement plans and facilitate the sign-off procurement plans and tender documents with stakeholders.
- You will provide advice to managers on risk and risk mitigation strategies in relation to Procurement.
- You will develop invitation to tender documentation and process in consultation with budget-holders and stakeholders. You will seek to identify opportunities for improved delivery of procurement services through online tools and more efficient procedures, ensuring compliance with use of e-tendering processes where applicable.
- You will ensure that all procurement policies and practices are up to date, by continually reviewing changes to legislation, procurement best practice and case law.
- You will implement contract management strategies and techniques and provide contract management advice or training to others.
- You will lead in developing internal policies and procedures relating to procurement that support the commitment to diversity, social value and sustainability and promote value for money, ensuring effective implementation across the whole organisation and delivering training to staff as the need arises.
- You will ensure that risks are identified for procurement activities and that risk mitigation/management plans are put into place
- You will also lead on upskilling the wider organisation to raise awareness of good procurement practices and adherence to internal policy.
- You will be accountable for reviewing expenditure by producing key management information about the organisation's expenditure profile, including identifying areas for collaborative and more effective procurement.
- You will be responsible for leading on procurement projects and tenders exercises
The person :
- Significant experience of working within a procurement capacity, with public sector OJEU experience
- Thorough knowledge of OJEU procurement and Public Contract Regulations ius essential for this role
- CIPS advanced diploma level
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this opportunity then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.