Manchester, Greater Manchester
£61429 - £72440 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a Procurement Manager post, based in Manchester, to lead the Procurement function, acting as a trusted advisor, providing recommendations and challenges to senior management to guide decision making on matters that affect the strategic direction of the organisation. You will be expected to contribute to the development of strategic objectives and long term plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a significant function developing and implementing strategic and operational plans for the function in line with the organisational needs
- Provide expertise and guidance to senior internal and external stakeholders to support the achievement of their strategic and operational goals
- Act as a recognised expert providing representation externally at events or with stakeholders
- Lead the development and implementation of policies, processes and systems in order to ensure that they are in line with strategic business objectives
- Oversee the development of stakeholder communication strategies, and develop./manage ongoing relationships with critical stakeholder groups in order to identify and deliver objectives that benefit all parties
- Report to senior management on functional performance, results and activities to support business evaluation and planning
- Develop and agree budgets for an area, manage and monitor outcomes to ensure that resources and appropriately deployed and ensure that financial targets are met
- Develop and manage the organisations procurement processes, technology and supplier management to support the delivery of an effective procurement service
- Lead on all the strategic procurement activity to ensure value for money and efficient procurement at all times
Required skills and experience of the Procurement Manager:
- CIPS qualified
- Proven experience of leading a procurement service provision within a similar working environment
- Experience of working with Directors and Senior Managers to shape both the procurement and commercial strategy of the organisation
- String influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of leading delivery within a complex organisation with multiple competing demands
- Develops and creates governance and frameworks
- Strong commercial acumen
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Procurement Manager role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.