Leeds, West Yorkshire
£11 - £17 per hour
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively looking for an interim Procurement Officer to work for an established not for profit organisation in West Yorkshire. The main aspect of this role is to deliver a professional, best practice and compliant end to end procurement service for medium sized procurement and delegating to Procurement managers where necessary. You will be actively involved in taking a pro-active approach to participate and deliver directorates objectives.
Day to day duties include:
- Develop and manage the procurement control framework, ensuring that the interests and reputation are upheld in all dealings of a contractual nature and correct probity and fairness in all procurement transactions is achieved.
- Responsibility for running tender and quotation processes in a professional, compliant and timely manner and working closely with budget holders to ensure that they undertake the same.
- Responsibility for the improvement of, integration and maintenance of E-tendering purchasing systems ensuring that they meet organisational requirements.
- Support the Declaration of Interest and Contract Standing Orders waiver processes by reviewing documentation and making fit for purpose recommendations.
- Responsibility for compliance with EU Directives and internal processes through the management and development of a tendering system, review and control of tender documents and challenge and scrutiny of final outputs at all management levels of the organisation.
- Manage and maintain information within the procurement recording systems, contracts register and supplier information register, ensuring information is up to date and accurate
- Responsible for the publication of requirements under the transparency code. This includes the review and manipulation of key financial and spend data ensuring commercial sensitivity is observed.
- Responsible for the authorisation and output of purchase orders placed in the financial management system.
- Ensure proper, robust procurement procedures are in place to maximise VFM. This includes regular review, making amendments and liaising with users to challenge, advise and direct on their requirements and procedures.
- Manage the corporate procurement card provision ensuring compliance to usage policies and accurate publication of statements for transparency purposes.
This role requires you to be either CIPS qualified, or working towards this qualification. The role also requires you to have experience of EU objectives and Public Contracting regulations and be able to demonstrate government and procurement procedures.
You will have demonstrable experience of managing a procurement e-tendering system, experience of developing, improving and applying processes and systems and have strong IT skills.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.