Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£12.00 - £14.40 per hour
5 months ago
My client in South Yorkshire are currently seeking an enthusiastic and forward thinking Procurement Officer on an interim basis for 3 months, which could then be extended if successful. They are one of the largest Local Authorities in the Region, with an outstanding Procurement team in place. The team have been very successful over the last few years and require some additional support in order to continue to achieve targets and natural growth.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Officer:
- To provide category support to a nominated category within the Council to contribute to the achievement of targets
- To progress the execution of the annual Procurement plan via the online tender system
- To work closely with the Council's commissioners associated with agreed categories and provide support to Business Units on the development of their commissioning and procurement plans
- To act as front line support for the procurement of a nominated category and ensure that there is adherence to the Council's Procurement strategy and both UK/EU laws and regulations
- To prepare, produce and analyse specific reports based on market research, benchmarking and data analysis to improve category performance
- To support a programme of contract reviews across the Council
- To maintain and develop the contract register and procurement plan, related to the specific category
- Proactively liase, negotiate and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Any other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities that may arise
To be successful as the Procurement Officer, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 4 qualified in the relevant field OR be willing to work towards the qualification within two years of appointment
- Have experience in supporting and managing policies, procedures and systems used in the Procurement cycle
- Have knowledge and understanding of e-procurement systems
- Hold excellent negotiating skills, with the ability to influence and direct through presentation of ideas and evidence to gain agreements or acceptance of views/proposals
- Be analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative with flexibility and adaptability, as well as being an excellent team player
This is an excellent opportunity to add real value to an already successful. You will be joining an organisation with a real focus on their people and the services they provide, and working for a highly successful team who are continuously striving for better.
For further information or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.