Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Up to £21000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Procurement Officer for a large Procurement Services organisation based in Gateshead.
Reporting to the Procurement manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the clients in their allocated sector and the Client Services Team. You will be expected to support client projects, identify and select suppliers and evaluating supplier responses.
- Run sourcing events
- Clarify client requirements and develop specifications
- Identify suitable suppliers for specific projects
- Negotiate contracts, and improve prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Track the delivery of project through milestones to completion
- Issue work orders and other documentation
- Provide analysis on costs and capture and track savings
- Evaluate, recruit and accredit new suppliers to increase the capacity and capability of our supply chain
- Assess and evaluate suppliers
- contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Have knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions
- Knowledge of modern procurement practices
- Demonstrable category and sourcing experience
- Understanding of local or central government department, health authority, or education establishments
- Achieved or working towards CIPS qualification
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Nyari Breslin at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.