Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£39000 - £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working alongside a well known public sector organisation to recruit a Procurement Partner to assist in the overall objectives of their Procurement function. The successful Procurement Partner will be joining the business at an exciting time, supporting the Procurement lead during a period of signifcant change.
- Work collaboratively with the Supplier and Governance team to ensure a "One Procurement Team" approach.
- Provide day to day management support and supervision to the Junior Procurement Partner.
- Provide proactive, responsive procurement advice and services, particularly in relation to tendering, negotiation procedures and whole life cost principles to those partner areas that you have responsibility for.
- Prepare for and attend partnership meetings, ensuring business partners feel supported and understand the roles each party to the procurement process has to play.
- Provide proactive, responsive procurement services on tenders over £100K including the advertising of such tenders where it is appropriate to do so.
- Undertake mini competitions for both capital and revenue purchases over £100K, complying with relevant framework agreements.
Skills and experience:
- Understanding of the ways in which to build and nurture positive internal relationships with senior management, key users, business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Appropriate knowledge of Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Understanding of project management methodology and how it can be applied in a procurement context.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Understanding of the broad objectives necessary to achieve effective procurement and value for money.
If you want to join a values-driven organisation, with a clear vision, a social purpose and a commitment to investing in people then please get in touch for further information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.