£37000 - £40000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Part-time Procurement Specialist to join a well-established organisation based in Windsor, Berkshire on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the Part-time Procurement Specialist will be to assist the Procurement team in the research, analysis and reviewing of client non-pay expenditure.
STATEMENT OF JOB PURPOSE
Working with their clients you will be responsible for leading the process for procuring contracts
for a variety of categories, including facilities, estates, finance, curriculum and ICT and other
projects and services.
This role will contribute to embedding best practice, efficiency and effectiveness within
procurement processes and decisions, ensuring compliance with EU and UK legal obligations
and assisting us to achieve savings.
This is a diverse, challenging and exciting role for an aspiring procurement professional.
Reporting to the Regional Procurement Manager you will be responsible for offering a proactive
and comprehensive service and advice on all aspects of procurement for all levels of
personnel and manage relationships between our client and their diverse range of suppliers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To take prime responsibility for carrying out a variety of procurement activities
for our clients (as agreed with the client and the Procurement Manager) and that
effective professional dialogue is maintained with the client.
2. To be pro-active with the client's staff to promote the benefits of procurement
best practice and to provide advice and assistance as required with sourcing
goods and services.
3. To assist in the preparation of relevant paperwork for all Request for Quotes and
tender (including: OJEU Notices, SQ Questionnaires and Evaluations,
Specification Documents, ITTs, Tender Evaluations, award notices and Letters.
4. Ensuring compliance with Company documents, processes and presentation
5. Arranging on-site information gathering visits and clarification presentations with
suppliers and clients and attending these events to facilitate the smooth running
of the service.
6. To use as necessary, the Company's electronic tendering portal and other
7. To review the client's compliance to it's own procurement/contracting
procedures on a regular basis.
8. Identify opportunities for additional savings.
9. To review/draft and finalise contracts for clients in a range of different product
and service areas.
10. To advise clients on and assisting with the compilation, introduction and
monitoring of Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Key Performance Indicators
11. To develop with the client a programme for monitoring and review of contractual
arrangements to ensure adherence to SLAs and KPIs as appropriate, and goods
and/or services are of a suitable quality.
12. To keep personally up to date with legislative and best practice changes relevant
to procurement activities carried out by the Company.
13. To carry out other duties commensurate with the level and scope of the post,
which are or become evident to meet the needs of the Company.
14. To support and contribute to the friendly and supportive ethos of the Company,
particularly in communications with customers, contractors, associate
consultants and staff, ensuring all are treated with dignity and respect.
15. You will be expected to ensure a healthy and safe working environment at all
times. You will be expected to take reasonable care for your own safety and that
of other Company users.
* Good verbal and written communication skills including experience in
writing technical reports;
* Good level of education, including procurement and/or project
management qualifications (or similar);
* Excellent data research, collection and analysis skills, including the ability to
work with and manipulate numerical data;
* Excellent all-round IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office;
* Proven organisational and project, planning skills, working in a calm, logical
way to deliver tasks efficiently;
* You must be able to work collaboratively with others and will need to have
excellent project management and organisational skills;
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple
colleagues, peers, and external clients;
* Ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve
* Proven experience of supplier management and procurement
* Experience of supplier management, building relationships for success and
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice