Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£18.80 - £18.83 per hour
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Procurement Team Leader on a temporary basis for a Public Sector organisation based in Middlesbrough to cover sickness.
We are looking for an experienced and competent Procurement Professional to provide resilience to the Procurement team in the absence of the Procurement Team Leader and also lead a very complex tender process.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Team Leader:
- Responsible for the end the end tendering process, including: reviewing and developing client specifications, identifying suitable suppliers, driving mini competitions, and running sourcing events against specific client requirements and measures
- Supplier and client negotiation, including of contracts, and improving prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Tracking delivery of projects through milestones, approval of highlight reports within KPI, to completion against KPI's and project performance measures
- Manage the Change Control process within a project to ensure it is still meeting client requirements and spend is governed
- Offer guidance and coaching to team members
- Good knowledge of modern procurement practices
- Knowledge of OJEU
- Public Sector Experience
- Demonstrable Procurement experience within a private or public sector organisation
- Professional approach; natural relationship builder
- Experience leading complex tenders
- A self-starter; highly motivated, results driven and with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to project management with attention to detail
If you are interested in this Procurement Team Leader opportunity then please submit your CV below. If you would like more information, please contact Nyari Breslin at Sellick Partnership's Newcastle office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.