£22500 - £23400 per annum + CIPS training, bonus, pension
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership is currently working in association with a successful and growing Organisation that specialist in offering procurement consultancy services to the education sector. Based in Hertfordshire, they are seeking a part-time Procurement Specialist to join the team on the back of continued growth. This role will be 3 days p/week (22.5 hours) which are flexible with regards to the working pattern, with the pro-rata'd salary at £23,400 p/annum.
This organisation have a 25-year record of delivering improvements, transformations, compliance, and value for money to schools, colleges, academies, and universities across the UK. You will be joining this Company at a hugely exciting time in their future and play a part in their continued success and growth.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist:
- Leading the process for procuring contracts across a variety of categories, as well as other projects & services
- Undertaking all aspects of procurement activities (from research and analysis, benchmarking to preparing necessary documentation and project managing the procurement activities through to completion)
- Offering advice and expertise on all aspects of procurement across Clients, and manage relationships between the Clients and their suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with EU/UK regulations
- Supporting the tendering of contracts and issuing invitation to tender documentation
- Monitoring the current supplier database and identifying new opportunities for the college
- Monitoring contract performance & making recommendations as and when possible
- Providing procurement advice to staff and departments on related activities (pricing, suppliers, etc)
The successful Procurement Specialist will:
- Have procurement experience within the Public Sector (within education is advantageous, although not essential)
- Knowledgeable across OJEU and an updated knowledge of PCR2015
- Have the ability to analyse and interpret information/situations in order to recommend new ways forward
- Be forward thinking, analytical and ambitious
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary + company performance related bonus
- 21 days holiday allowance + Christmas shutdown
- CIPS membership support
- Excellent pension scheme
- Continued professional development
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.