Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum
2 months ago
Leeds - flexible/ hybrid working
£55,000 - £65,000
Sellick Partnership are assisting a long standing client to recruit a permanent Product Owner into their fast growing smart buildings business unit.
Recently acquired by a large multi-national, this SME has ambitious investment and development plans over the next 5 years.
The Product Owner will have a huge impact on the overall success of the SME as its reputation is reliant on the products and service levels that they provide. The 3 main aspects to the role focus on product fundamentals, digital roadmap presence and project control.
- Develop and maintain clear communication channels with key stakeholders across all levels
- Develop partnership relationships with key project stakeholders, to identify and support transitional needs
- Lead (and / or) coordinate product design, scoping, project planning / delivery governance, reporting and analysis - in conjunction with key stakeholders (DevOps, PMO, PMI experience desired)
- Create the commercial and financial product offers alongside the team.
- Support the evolution of the sales to delivery process - Ensuring a standardised approach to process and documentation remains
- Collate and define new & existing product concepts and features, from detailed customer requirements and market feedback.
- Define and maintain a portfolio and roadmap of complimentary software products, alongside the Head of Product Management - developing business plans for each proposed product.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, visiting customers to understand customer requirements and promote the software hardware and consultancy products.
- Develop product descriptions, customer benefits, application notes, blogs and supporting all Marketing, Sales and Support activities as requested.
- Awareness of all aspects of data lifecycle including data ethics and applicable legislation / standards such as GDPR, BS, ISO etc.
- Use industry best practice for software product management, including the ongoing development of product road maps for all products, which meet both the strategic market requirements and the short-term project needs.
- Own and develop technical documentation that describe how the products and services function.
Requirements for the role:
Excellent computer skills
Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of seniority
Good written ability to support content creation
Good understanding of the FM and / or IoT market is key
Relative understanding of the Energy market is desirable
Proficient use of Microsoft office including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to analyse data, supporting the broader teams in making informed decisions
Experience in Lean / Six Sigma styles of process improvement is desirable
Willingness to travel occasionally to enable effective project delivery
Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
Passionate, personable & approachable character
Previous product / project management experience is key
This role comes with some great benefits such as flexible/ hybrid working, private medical insurance and 10% bonus.
Please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership to discuss in further detail and to receive a full job spec/ additional information.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website