Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are excited to be representing a Legal 500 Tier 1 ranked firm based within Leeds. The business are currently looking to expand their team by hiring an experienced Professional Negligence Solicitor. This would be a fantastic opportunity to join a highly accredited team who are specialists in their field and have the chance to work with an enviable client base.
About The Role
The successful Professional Negligence Solicitor will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Working predominantly on a mixed workload of professional indemnity claims acting for members of various professions including lawyers, construction professionals, accountants, insurance brokers, independent financial advisors and surveyors
- Confidently handling your own caseload of files of both pre-action and litigated matters and assisting more senior team members with cases where necessary
- Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner when sharing your knowledge of key issues and providing meaningful advice
- Running disclosure exercises and drafting witness statements
- The ability to understand and direct experts and Counsel is desirable
- Working in accordance with the firm's strategies and plans whilst engaging in continuous personal and business development
The ideal Professional Negligence Solicitor will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally, 5 - 9 years' PQE
- Strong academic background
- Experience within commercial litigation and/or professional indemnity litigation and insurance coverage disputes
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, including an ability to worth with others, influence and persuade
- Good time and file management skills
- An understanding of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation
In return, the firm is willing to offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package as well as the opportunity to work with an enviable client list of major insurers, MGAs and Lloyds syndicates.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing for this Professional Negligence Solicitor role. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Simon Cartwright in our Leeds office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.