Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £40000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a Project Accountant, to join a not for profit client, based in Greater Manchester.
As the Project Accountant you will be working very closely with the Head of Finance to create, calculate and embed balance sheet reconciliations and payroll reconciliations for all legal entities and provide guidance notes on how they should be on a monthly basis. These will be handed over to the team to allow a smooth transition and monthly completion.
Key responsibilities of the Project Accountant:
- Ensure the performance and review of robust balance sheet account reconciliations, and investigate and resolve all reconciling items with a sufficient audit trail and on a timely basis
- Develop and manage financial systems and processes to support business requirements and deliver efficiencies
- Prepare cash forecasts on a weekly basis
- Prepare and check weekly BACS runs for submission for payment
- Load budget and forecast information into the system to enable an analysis of actual performance against both budget and forecast profiles
- Ensure all tax payment and appropriate third-party payments are made on a timely an accurate basis
- Liaise with auditors doing audit process to provide analysis of financial results and key control documents
- Create balance sheet reconciliation packs, with process notes and user guides
- Complete a full payroll reconciliation and create a monthly payroll reconciliation process
Required skills and experience of the Project Accountant
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge of excel spreadsheet functionality
- Significant experience of management accounts, month end reporting, VAT returns, cash flow analysis and completion of balance sheet reconciliations
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Project Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.