Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
£14 - £16.42 per hour
5 months ago
The role of the Project Accountant is to develop and maintain robust financial data management systems and utilise these to provide sound business and financial information to enable the efficient and effective delivery of projects across the Business Unit. Ensuring maximum cost recovery, a high degree of compliance with regulatory bodies and ensuring the application of due diligence in Contract Management.
Key responsibilities of the Project Accountant
- Develop, implement and maintain financial and performance/risk management systems to enable accurate and consistent data capture, timely recharge allocations and effective reporting and monitoring of all financial aspects within the Business Unit.
- Managing the complex relationships between the multiple strands of financial data and cross-project relationships and managing the associated risks and opportunities to enable effective management of project performance
- Support the development and delivery of annual Business Plans and budgets for Business Support, monitor progress and identify remedial action where necessary.
- Manage contractual finance processes and help to develop new projects and sources of income.
- Ensure controls are in place and oversee the alignment of financial data, systems and reporting across multiple functions and for projects with complex relationships and income models, ensuring consistency, compliance with contract protocols, accurate allocation of costs and transparency across the Group.
- Provide support and guidance to assist the project leads in developing budgets and effectively managing project expenditure and income in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Provide a broad spectrum of financial information in appropriate formats to enable the Business Unit and its management teams to effectively manage and deliver projects efficiently.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and performance information is communicated between the Group and its relevant stakeholders,
- Ensure the robustness and transparency of appropriate audit trails and manage the process of independent financial verification, to ensure a high degree of compliance with any financial audit requirements, including providing support to partners, where necessary, as part of this process.
- Provide guidance to internal customers and external partners/suppliers on financial and other contractual regulations, controls, systems and procedures, to ensure consistency across related functions and to ensure a high level of compliance, accuracy and robustness of data.
- Ability to understand and manipulate complex data sets, which combine both accounting and project management principles, with a high level of accuracy.
- Numerically literate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to interpret and manipulate financial information, and associated systems,
- Ability to effectively manage a broad range of contract performance, financial/accounting issues and manage audit processes.
- Use of Excel Spreadsheets to an advanced level.
- Development and maintenance of robust data management systems, guidance and practices which ensure due diligence and effective management of funding contracts.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and modelling complex financial data, in a project management capacity and with high-risk outcomes.
- Experience of generating management accounts to at least the extended trial balance stage.
- A track record of delivering a high standard of accuracy and contractual / financial compliance.
- Appropriate professional administration experience.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment e.g. with publicly funded contracts would be desirable but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems, practices and principles.
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions and formulas; VBA would also be a distinct advantage.
- A working knowledge of project finance and contract management systems.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Project Accountant role, please apply now
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.