Up to £38750 per annum
0113 243 9775
Sellick Partnership are working on behalf of a Manchester based not for profit client, to assist with the recruitment of a Project Accountant. The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain robust financial data management systems and utilise these to provide sound business and financial information to enable the efficient and effective delivery of projects across the Business Unit. Ensuring maximum cost recovery, a high degree of compliance with regulatory bodies and ensuring the application of due diligence in Contract Management.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial and performance systems to enable accurate and consistent data capture and effective reporting/monitoring of all financial aspects within the company.
- Oversight of key monthly routines and recharges critical to contractual claims/performance.
- To understand and manage the risk and opportunity of complex relationships between the multiple strands of financial data, cross-project and intercompany transactions.
- Support the development and delivery of annual Business Plan, monitor progress and identify remedial action/reforecasts where necessary.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to oversee the accuracy, integrity and consistency of financial data, systems and reporting across multiple platforms.
- Provide support and guidance to assist the project leads in developing budgets and effectively managing project expenditure and income in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Provide guidance to internal customers and external partners/suppliers on financial and other contractual regulations, controls, systems and procedures, to ensure consistency across related functions and to ensure a high level of compliance, accuracy and robustness of data.
- As required, undertake financial reconciliations, training colleagues on financial processes and systems and supporting the group accounts team in providing a link between external and internal financial reporting.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant degree/professional accountancy qualification(s)/ or demonstrable equivalent business experience.
- Ability to understand and manipulate complex data sets, which combine both accounting and project management principles.
- Numerically literate with a high level of attention to detail. Advanced Microsoft Excel - a working knowledge of VBA would be desirable.
- Ability to effectively manage contract performance data across multiple projects to a consolidated level.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Ability to work effectively with others to meet deadlines.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.