Manchester, Greater Manchester
£27000 - £33000 per annum
8 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Accountant to join a well-established, not-for-profit organisation based in Manchester City Centre on a permanent basis.
As the Project Accountant you will report directly to the Senior Project Accountant and will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust financial data management systems and utilising these to provide sound business and financial information allowing the efficient and effective delivery of projects across the business.
Other key responsibilities of the Project Accountant include:
- Managing the complex relationships between the multiple strands of financial data and cross-project relationships
- Completing accurate and timely recharge allocations
- Implement and maintain a newly developed performance/ risk management system
- Support the development and delivery of annual Business Plans and budgets for Business Support, monitor progress and identify remedial action where necessary.
- Manage contractual finance processes and help to develop new projects and sources of income
- Implement new controls and financial processes and oversee the alignment of financial data, systems and reporting.
- Provide support and guidance to assist the project managers in developing budgets and effectively managing project expenditure
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of an action plan for year-end
- Delivering financial support to operational teams through business partnering
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and performance information is communicated between the Group and its relevant stakeholders
- Provide guidance to internal customers and external partners/suppliers on financial and other contractual regulations, controls, systems and procedures
- Overseeing the development budget and cash flow forecasts
The successful Project Accountant applicant will:
- Have strong experience in managing finance projects
- Have excellent business partnering skills which includes communicating with finance and non-finance staff
- Have strong IT skills including advanced Excel
- Be self-motivated with strong analytical skills and strong problem solving abilities
If this role is of interest, please apply now or contact Megan Coop at Sellick Partnership.
Please note, we receive a high a number of applications and only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.