Sellick Partnership currently have an excellent opportunity for an individual to build a career within a global engineering specialist by joining the firm in a newly created role as project cost controller.
The role is integral to the successful delivery of our projects and will see you interact with the various departments including the project managers, operations, commercial and finance to assist with cost control tasks including project forecasting and cost analysis. The role will see you become a key member of the team with the potential to develop into other areas of the business in the future.
The role is suited to an individual with an analytical or numerate skillset with previous experience in a similar role or graduate in relevant field with the capabilities to quickly grasp the role and grow with the business.
- Application of all cost control procedures on projects, including provision of support and information on a monthly basis (at a minimum) to both the Project Managers and Financial Controller.
- Revision of Project Budgets and Forecasts together with Project Managers, identifying possible variances to budget on a monthly basis or as and when required.
- Processing of transactions on the project plan within the ERP software to measure projects against budget.
- Track project activity and ensure reflects current operations alongside project manager
- Assistance during the Project Handover process from Commercial to Engineering and Operations.
- Provision of other regular cost reports to Project Managers
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in relevant field
- Experience in a similar field / numerate disciplines
- Experience of project orientated cost control
- Proficiency in Excel / Word / Outlook
- Experience with an ERP software is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
- Good communication skills, proactive, good initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Independent worker being able to work with minimal supervision
- High level of self-motivation
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com