Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit for a specialist project position which will lead on IFRS 17 implementation for the duration of 12 months. This successful organisation has set the goal of doubling it's turnover by 2025 and wishes to standardise and automate it's processes to reduce it's regulatory reporting time. The role would be part of a talented team and liaise and partner with the internal technical team as well as partner to the wider Group.
The role :
- Implement the IFRS 17 project plan, including co-ordinating resources to achieve IFRS timely reporting for parent company
- Key liaison point within Global IFRS 17 team, collaborating with key stakeholders as well as reporting to local Project sponsors, ie. FD and MD
- Working with data / analytics teams to implement IFRS 17 reporting locally, including sourcing of data and implementing processes from multiple large data sets for review and then to be reported and consolidated into Finance systems
- Develop solutions for better systems and processes with Finance Operations and Data teams to source data more effectively
- Handover to BAU team for IFRS 17 future report production
- Various ad-hoc tasks including supporting technical decisions amd process documentation
The person :
- Technical ability with detailed knowledge of IFRS 17 requirements to work autonomously and towards tight project deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of Data and IT flows within an organisation, ability to work alongside IT, Data and Analytics teams when translating technical requirements to all other departments
- Multi-tasking and assisting with various ad-hoc technical projects and query resolution for the wider finance department
- Ability to re-prioritise and co-ordinate work to assist team with varying and changeable schedule and workflows
- A sound communicator, who can provide clarity and assist with any technical accounting matters where appropriate excellent partnering and liaison skills, displaying presence and gravitas
- Strong analytical skills to produce reports on ad-hoc basis
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this opportunity then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Ray Wareing / Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.