Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
company car/ car allowance, pension
4 months ago
Following recent Project and Framework successes, this well known consultancy is recruiting for a permanent Project Manager / Senior Project Manager position to join our busy office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
This is a challenging role as you will be shaping the full range of pre- and post-contract project management services for a range of clients across a wide variety of sectors that include commercial; residential, leisure, education, local authority, infrastructure and retail.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To take the lead on projects from inception through to completion.
* Overall management of projects from inception to completion - feasibility, planning, design, construction and post construction phases.
* Planning, programming and monitoring progress of the projects.
* Preparation and presentation of technical and progress reports.
* Managing / liaising with stakeholders / consultants and contractors.
* Appraisal of contractors' work.
* Communication and meetings with clients and key stakeholders.
* Working as a part of the wider Summers-Inman team.
* Applicants should be degree qualified. Ideally this should be a construction related degree; and be a full member of a professional organisation such as RICS, CIOB or APM
* You will have in depth knowledge and demonstrable experience of managing projects from feasibility stages through planning to delivery.
* You will have a proven track record working within a consultancy or client environment, and have been actively involved in the project management of multi million pound projects in the UK, and have excellent management and communication skills.
* Solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office applications
* Driving licence and car owner
* Competitive salary range depending on experience
* Car allowance
* 25 days personal holiday plus statutory holidays
* Contributory pension scheme