Newcastle upon Tyne
£33222 - £43041 per annum
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership are assisting one of the largest NHS Foundation Trust's in the UK based in Newcastle Upon Tyne to recruit for a Project Manager on a permanent basis but are open to interim arrangements.
Purpose of the role:
- To commission and Project Manage Major Capital new works Projects on behalf of the Trust.
- Provision of specialist Expert professional advice to all major specialist projects.
- Work with others to ensure affordable capital programmes consistent with business priorities.
- Deputise when necessary for the Capital Projects Manager.
- Lead and manage a team of multi-disciplinary staff in the procurement of capital schemes.
- Provide professional project management and financial advice to ensure projects are procured to correct specification, on time and within budget.
- Manage a variety of Building and Engineering schemes which involve multi disciplinary teams that include External engaged consultants, contractors and Specialist Services.
Skillset and Experinece:
- Building or engineering structures/services background
- Educated to Honours degree level in a building or engineering related subject or HNC with equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge, training and experience via a combination of formal and informal training courses
- Successful track record at an operational level in a complex NHS environment
- Advance level knowledge of:
- Design, building, planning and construction regulations and legislation e.g. NHS Estates Regulations and Guidance Documents
- Demonstrable successful track record of capital and major revenue schemes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Liaise with external statutory bodies, i.e. Department of Health, NHS Estates, Building Control, Environment Agency etc
- Planning and production of comprehensive business cases
- Capable of planning/ design and project manage highly technical schemes
- Evidence of drive, initiative and creativity and negotiating abilities.
- A clear understanding of issues facing the NHS.
- Understanding of economic appraisal, financial and budget management techniques
- Health and safety legislation and other associated legislation practices and associated procedures:
- Fire codes
- Asbestos removal
- Infection, Prevention & Control / legionella
- IT skills on standard packages to include Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Project 2003
- Chartered Membership of a building/engineering professional body (RICS, CIOB, RIBA, CIBSE etc)
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Architectural/Engineering background
- AutoCAD qualification
- Management Qualification
- A comprehensive knowledge of engineering/ building services
Please apply to receive a full copy of the job specification.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.