Leeds, West Yorkshire
£37589 - £43853 per annum + pension, 27 days holidays per annum
5 months ago
Project Manager - Commercial
An exciting opportunity to join a high profile public sector organisation located in the centre of Leeds and to play a leading role in a major programme currently in development.
The role of the Project Manager is to successfully manage the control and/or delivery of projects to meet defined objectives across a range of commercial activities for one of the organisations major programmes. This will involve working in line with budgetary compliance, regulatory and planning controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively support the programme management of work-streams and activities.
- Review processes and providing assistance/deputising in effectively managing negotiations with a range of delivery partners, operators and service providers, assuring all commercial arrangements and agreements are in place to deliver the programme.
- Ensure that appropriate project execution plan and programme plan required for each designated project are in place and accurate with the relevant information.
- Manage the effectiveness of project and programme working groups and/or sub-groups and teams.
- Reviewing governance and confirming compliance in line with the organisations governance, standards and procedures.
- Produce plans/schedules to track and manage budgets, negotiate contracts with suppliers and contractors.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (or have gained equivalent experience) together with a project management qualification (or equivalent experience).
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of project and programme management principles. The successful Project Manager will have a sound working knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations and legislation in area of specialism, along with good communication skills and the ability to build and manage relationships with stakeholders.
Experience of matrix management and leading project activities, combined with up to date knowledge of external issues (legislative, regulatory, best practice standards etc.) that affect this specialist area.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this Project Manager position, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.