East of England, England
12 months ago
Exceptional development opportunity for a Strategic Projects & Planning Lawyer to join the Governance team on a permanent basis, based in Essex.
Our client is looking for a commercially minded, legal professional who is able to support the Strategic Investment and Planning team, on all legal aspects of the delivery of major projects across the District Council.
This is a rare opportunity for a legal professional to be part of the high performing team, investing in services to meet their corporate priorities.
The successful candidate will support the agenda for growth and investment at a time of significant development for the Council in its wider drive to be more commercial.
Strategic Projects & Planning Lawyer - Key responsibilities:
- To lead and manage advice for and support of the delivery of major corporate projects, including the Council £100m strategic investment programme
- Ensure effective and commercially aware advice is available to the Council
- To ensure appropriate advice is available for planning and enforcement officers at all levels of seniority on a wide variety of development management and planning related matters, environmental, licensing and regulatory matters
- To act on behalf of the Council on legal agreements under s.106 Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- To lead and manage advice on Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan procedures
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive who is looking to secure a role where they can develop and progress, in an innovative and forward thinking Local Authority.
Although public sector experience is desirable; those from private practise are encouraged to apply.
Our client is able to offer a great benefits package to the successful candidate, including:
- Flexible Working Scheme
- Free parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- No limit to training and development; various courses available
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Leah Edgar email@example.com. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.