East Anglia, England
over 1 year ago
Permanent opportunity for a Projects & Planning Lawyer to join the Governance team within a growing, high performing Local Authority, based in Essex.
The successful legal professional will be part of the Strategic Investment and Planning team, supporting on all legal aspects of the delivery of major projects across the District Council.
As a Strategic Projects & Planning Lawyer, you will be investing in services to meet the Local Authority's corporate priorities.
Along with the interesting, varied workload; our client is able to offer an excellent benefits package including flexible working, free parking and you will also be within the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Strategic Projects & Planning Law - Key responsibilities:
- To lead and manage advice for and support of the delivery of major corporate projects, including the Council £100m strategic investment programme
- Ensure effective and commercially aware advice is available to the Council
- To ensure appropriate advice is available for planning and enforcement officers at all levels of seniority on a wide variety of development management and planning related matters, environmental, licensing and regulatory matters
- To act on behalf of the Council on legal agreements under s.106 Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- To lead and manage advice on Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan procedures
There is no limit to training and development within the council, with various courses available at all levels.
With this in mind, this is an exceptional opportunity for a qualified solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive who is looking to secure a role where they can develop and progress in an innovative and high valued Local Authority.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.