6 months ago
Contract or perm
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Property Inspector to join an established company in the South Derbyshire region
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the responsive maintenance of a proportion of the Council's housing stock within a geographical area(s), to be determined by the Repairs and improvements team leader
- To monitor and control works that need to be carried out to properties which are void pending re-letting, advising when these are expected to be available for re-letting and assessing the standard of any tenants' improvements for possible compensation.
- To carry out inspections following maintenance complaints, assessing what action is necessary, and issuing orders to the DLO, or specialist contractors, for the necessary work.
- To inspect maintenance work to Council properties when advised as complete, including liaising with the DLO, or specialist contractor, to ensure everything is satisfactory, before authorising payment.
- To assist the Repairs and improvements team leader in the day-to-day maintenance of the Council's public buildings, including inspections, obtaining quotations, raising orders, certification of payment to contractors, and monitoring and controlling the budget for these-works.
- To assist the repairs and Improvements team leader in the control and monitoring of service contracts.
- To prepare reports and attend meetings as required.
- To assist the development of and ensure adherence to, the stated safety policies and procedures of the Council and Housing Services, and in particular with regard to matter relating to Health and safety legislation requirements, risk assessments and Codes of Practice. Ensure individual compliance with the requirements and responsibilities for safety as issued.
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with the experience of the post holder and the grading of the post.
- As directed by the Repairs and improvements team leader, to supervise a program of adaptations for people with disabilities, in conjunction with the Community Social Services Department.
- To be responsible for issuing orders to the DLO, or specialist contractors, for necessary works to the Council's buildings, including the Civic Offices and housing.
- To carry out surveys and provide reports in support of, applications by tenants to purchase their homes under the Government's Right to Buy scheme.
- To assist the Repairs and improvements team leader in any periodic surveys of Council properties to update information for programming of future planned maintenance works.
- To prepare cost estimates and plans for small works schemes.
- To deal with queries from Councilors and members of the public courteously and in a helpful manner
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role, please contact Josh Meek at Sellick Partnership