over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Property lawyer to join a reputable Local Authority on a remote basis, over a long term contract. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed, legal professional looking to undertake a challenging, varied role dealing with a variety of high value projects.
The successful candidate will be assisting the Property department and will be expected to deal with complex and strategic project work from the outset. The successful lawyer must retain a technical skill-set and have following demonstrable experience:
- Deal with routine Property cases within the team (including the provision of legal advice and the drafting of legal documents relating to property transactions)
- Where appropriate, assist the Senior Lawyers, Chief Solicitor and/or Borough Solicitor with complex and high-profile matters relating to Property
- To provide advice to the Borough Solicitor in relation to his/her monitoring officer duties on the risk to the Council in respect of any legal implications arising from matters dealt with by the team
- Under supervision conduct proceedings, public inquires, appeals and judicial reviews in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Tribunals
- Meet annual chargeable hours target
- Understanding local government law
- Knowledge of housing law, landlord and tenant law, commercial property law
- Understanding of appropriation for planning purposes
This is an exciting role for a candidate available on short notice and a committed individual who enjoys a varied, challenging role.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered for shortlisting. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.