£31346 - £41881 per annum + excellent package of benefits
6 months ago
Salary: £31,347 - £41,881
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for two experienced property lawyers to join the shared legal service of two local authorities in Hampshire. The successful property lawyers will join a cohesive, supportive and experienced local authority legal team, providing comprehensive, commercial advice in relation to the authorities property portfolios. This is an exciting time to join these authorities as they plan a number of major projects and develop new models to deliver essential services. A working pattern of 4 or 5 days per week will be considered.
Duties of the property lawyer include:
As either a junior or senior real estate lawyer in the team, you will provide specialist legal advice on key legal risks associated with the councils' property portfolios and also progress transactional work.
Typically, this involves the following work types:
- Drafting and reviewing transfers and leases
- Deeds of easement
- Producing title reports
- Lease assignments
- You will be expected to execute instructions from receipt through to post completion.
- You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister of legal executive
- Have excellent commercial awareness
- Ideally have previous local government experience although this is not essential
- Particular subject expertise in non-contentious planning law
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and expectations
- Ability to negotiate well
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to attend committee meetings to advise accordingly
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior management and Members alike
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with initiative and a flexible and responsible approach
- Keyboard skills and knowledge of IT
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel between sites and other locations
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work flexibly; including the ability to work up to 2 or 3 days per week from home
- Access to an attractive local government pension scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance: 25 days (+ public and bank holidays) on commencement of employment rising to 30 days (+ public and bank holidays) after 5 years service
- A range of generous family friendly packages for staff covering all areas of family life such as maternity, paternity, adoption, parental etc.
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Flexi-time scheme. This means that you are able to take up to 2 days per month of flexi-leave if you accrue the time - subject to business needs.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to take on this role of property lawyer, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.