East London, London
£18 - £22 per hour
3 months ago
6 Months +
Sellick Partnership are currently seeking a Property Paralegal to join a local authority on a locum basis in the inner London area.
The successful Property Paralegal will become a valuable asset to a friendly property team and the role will involve dealing with a range of routine and some non-routine residential and commercial matters.
Main areas of responsibility
- Drafting notices relating to:
- Commercial Properties
- Authorised Guarantee Agreements
- Service Occupancy Agreements
- Licences to assign
- Licences to Occupy
- Rent Deposit Deeds
- Instructing on matters involving:
- Shared equity
- Right to Buy matters
- Dealing with private sector leases
- Dealing with Conveyancing matters, both Freehold and Leasehold
- Residential sales, purchases and buybacks
- Land registry removal of charges, restrictions, unilateral notices
- Drafting new leases and lease removal
Ideal experience, skills and attributes
- Experience of dealing with residential and commercial property matters
- Experience of drafting legal documentation
- Experience of using a case management system
- Experience of undertaking a caseload of routine and some non-routine matters
- Keen to learn and develop
- Ability to take own initiative to be proactive and work independently to ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required standard
This is a brilliant opportunity to work within a supportive and encouraging team, with the opportunity to gain invaluable experience within a local authority setting. In return, this local authority will allow some working from home after a settling in period.
This role would be well suited to a candidate with a minimum of 2 years' paralegal experience in the public sector, although those from a private practice with transferrable skills will be strongly considered.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kemi Awodiji in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.