£20037 - £23358 per annum
about 1 month ago
Property Services Support Officer
Location - Wingerworth
Salary - £20,037 per annum - £23,358 per annum - increasing with increments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take delivery of large items to be stored at the allocated storage facility for collection by the operatives or drivers.
- Ensure plant and equipment are booked out in a good state of repair, the users have the required information or training to use the equipment and the equipment is booked in and visually inspected.
- All repair issues or faults identified with plant or equipment are resolved.
- Responsible for ordering and issuing of all staff uniform.
- Responsible for PAT Testing equipment through stores and also the wider business premises when required.
- Assist the Supervisors with monthly van checks when required.
- Have robust systems in place for monitoring the issuing of PPE ensuring operatives sign for the items, keeping appropriate H&S.
- To assist in sourcing ad-hoc materials, plant and equipment.
- Where items are kept in stores, ensure optimum stock levels are in place. Responding to fluctuating demands for example caused by poor weather events.
- To undertake van stock checks annually or ad-hoc as requested.
- To ensure that the electronic stores management system is accurately managed and updated, booking in deliveries in a timely and accurate manner to facilitate prompt payment.
- To ensure the Stores area is maintained in a safe and satisfactory manner at all times to minimise the risk of accidents, keeping aisles free from clutter and storing products safely according to weight and usage.
- To assist with minor elements of the Fleet upkeep with tasks including tyre inflation, screen wash checks, oil level checks, removal of tracking devices in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and adherence of corporate livery stickers as required.
- To co-ordinate fire extinguisher servicing for all vehicles on an annual basis, ensuring all equipment is turned around swiftly and returned to the relevant vehicle.
- Assist the Asbestos Manager in recording usage and disposal records for the companies H-Vacuum equipment
- To maintain robust records of issue and use of a variety of equipment such as Magair kits, PAF bags, ensuring usage instructions are communicated and accurate records of issue to specific individuals are kept for health and safety purposes.
- To undertake minor repairs, where possible, to faulty/damaged equipment and supervise the use of external suppliers undertaking repairs to the equipment.
- To make recommendations to managers on the disposal and replacement of plant.
- To provide support to the Property Services Team assisting wherever possible.
- Attend any relevant training courses and conferences as required.
- To participate in all aspects of training and to proactively seek opportunities for learning and self-development.
- To carry out all duties with awareness and regard to Health and Safety issues and adhere to safe systems of work specified in the clients Safety Policy.
- To be aware of and adhere to the clients Policies on Equality's at all times.
- To adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act in respect of confidentiality and disclosure of data.
- Make suggestions to improve the working situation within own area of work and the client as a whole.
- Adhere to standards of behaviour and Code of Conduct.
- Such other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as may be from time to time determined.
- Previous experience of stores
- Basic knowledge of materials/products
- Excellent ICT skills
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, responding flexibly to tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers at all levels of the organisation both by telephone and face to face
If you feel you have the relevant experience for the role, please apply.