Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
4 months ago
Public Affairs Officer
Initial 3 Months
Newcastle upon Tyne
Our client based in Newcastle upon Tyne are looking for an experience Public Affairs Officer to join their team on a temporary basis. You will be required to support the implementation of the public affairs and stakeholder engagement plan through the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement activity including events, meetings and creating content tailored to stakeholders and the implementation of influencing and thought leadership activity.
Key Responsibilities of the Public Affairs Officer:
- Developing and implementing a programme of stakeholder engagement activity
- Delivering effective influencing and thought leadership campaigns
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder database
- Monitoring the activities of national and local government and their impact
- Arrange events for stakeholders
- Write briefings and presentations for senior colleagues to support their meetings with key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to improve stakeholder engagement.
- Support the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement Manager in the planning and execution of national influencing campaign
- Use social media to engage with key stakeholders
Essential criteria of the Public Affairs Officer:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of ability to deliver influencing campaigns
- Understanding of local, regional and national political systems and processes
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.