City of London
£26 - £35 per hour + Flexible Working Arrangements
about 1 month ago
12 months +
12 month Locum Contract - Full time
£50-55k Annual Equivalent
An exciting opportunity has come up for multiple Public Inquiry Lawyers to join a Central Government team to provide high quality litigation services to an interesting Public Inquiry. The client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Public Law and/or Inquiry Lawyer to join their Government team on an initial 12 month contract with the potential of an extension.
As a Public Inquiry Lawyer, you will deal with a range of litigation, public law such as judicial review, injunction related work, and Freedom of Information appeals. You will take responsibility for your own workload and provide effective client care and relationship.
Key Responsibilities of the Inquiry Lawyer
- Produce legal prognoses advising on merits and litigation strategy.
- Draft summary grounds of defence and other pleadings as well as evidence.
- Instruct counsel and making use of other external legal resources.
- Manage a broad range of varied case work activities complying with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive case files of both paper and on a IT case management system.
Required Skills and experience of the Inquiry Lawyer
- Qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years Post Qualified Experience.
- Previous litigation experience dealing with public law is desired.
- Provide effective client care and managing all aspects of the client relationship for each allocated case appreciating the particular commercial, political and policy context.
- Assist the teams knowledge management, training and other non-casework projects, as necessary.
- Previous experience of public inquiries/reviews and/or litigation (ideally public law litigation) is essential.
What is on offer for the Inquiry lawyer?
- £50,000 - £55,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
- Long term contract lengths
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 12 month contract as an Inquiry Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Inquiry Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Lauren Stott at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.