£26 - £35 per hour + Flexible Working Arrangements
4 months ago
Public Law Lawyer
£26-£35 per Hour
6 month Contract with the likelihood of extension
London, 40% Office Working.
Government Public Law Lawyer x5 required to join the established Legal Department advising a London based Ministerial Body. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Public Law Lawyer to join the Ministerial Body Legal In-House advisory team on an initial 6 month contract with the likelihood of extension.
As a Public Law Lawyer for Central Government, you will be working within the Ministerial Body which is dedicated to its clients and supportive of its team members. You will work alongside 60 Advisory Lawyers which are organised into six legal teams, and be supported by an Administrative Business Support Team to help with their wide and interesting portfolio.
Key Responsibilities of the Public Law Lawyer
- Reflect on the breadth of subject-matter policy responsibility and operational delivery covered by the Ministerial Body itself.
- Give advice across all of the Ministry's business areas, involving issues such as of political, constitutional, social and cross-government significance.
Required Skills and experience of the Public Law Lawyer
- Experience in Public Law and Administrative Law is required.
- Some experience of advising public bodies is desirable.
- Some experience in drafting legislation is desirable.
- Government law experience is desirable, but not essential. This experience does not necessarily need to have been obtained within the UK.
What is on offer for the Public Law Lawyer?
- £50,000 - £55,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 6 month contract as a Public Law Lawyer. As a Public Lawyer working for the Government Legal Department, BPSS checks will be completed.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Public Law Lawyer role, please apply now. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The interview process will be conducted through video call. If you have any questions, please contact Mark Bladen at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.