City of London, London
£32 - £44 per hour + flexible working arrangements
4 months ago
Public Law Lawyer x 5
6 Month Contract - Full-time
£32 - 44 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for five Public Law Lawyers to join a team in Central Government for a minimum of 6 months to advise on a range of matters.
They are involved in many of the government's highest profile and most sensitive matters. The work is varied, interesting and usually at the forefront of some of the main issues facing Government as a whole.
The ideal Candidate for this Public Law Lawyer role will have
- Qualified legal professional (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Proactively manage risks and identify solutions
- Good knowledge and practical experience of public law
- Excellent powers of analysis and sound legal judgment, with the ability to produce timely and fit for purpose, risk-based advice
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, see legal issues in their wider context and advise accordingly
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a multi- disciplinary team
- Experience of statutory drafting is desirable but not essential
- Experience of drafting contracts is desirable but not essential
The successful Candidate for this Public Law Lawyer role will be required to:
- Manage legal risks in conjunction with other risks
- Instructing and managing external law firms and counsel
- Work closely with the advisory law teams and help to implement policies
- £32 - 44 per hour
- Minimum 6 month contract with likely extension
- Working from home followed by flexible working arrangements
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.