Purchase Leader Team Leader
£19000 - £22000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a Purchase Ledger Supervisor on a Fixed Term contract basis. The purpose of the role is to support by team leading the work of the Accounts Payable team, assisting in the responsibility for the performance of the AP function and the maintenance of a secure environment for all AP related tasks.
Day to day duties of the Purchase Ledger Team Leader include:
- Assist the AFA to create and maintain effective working relationships within the AP team, other officers of the Trust and other stakeholders to ensure the delivery of a professional service focused on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction within the available resource envelope.
- Plan and organise your individual and the teams' work schedules, in line with routine and ad-hoc reporting deadlines.
- Assist the AFA to guide the team members to resolve discrepancies relating to supplier invoices/credit notes, statements and purchase orders.
- Provide expertise and adequate training for team members and keep them informed as to expected standards.
- Provide guidance in the identification of self-employed suppliers and issue standard letters to collect tax status information prior to payment of invoices.
- Assist the AFA to identify and inform Human Resource (HR) colleagues on high earning consultants in line with current Her Majesty's Treasury (HMT) guidelines.
- Responsible for checking suppliers' invoices and credit notes, prior to payment, against purchase order documentation and processing in accordance with the Trust's SFIs, desk top procedures and the BPPC requirements.
- Assist the AFA to improve systems and procedures to ensure any data inputting errors are identified and corrected prior to release to the general ledger.
- Guide the team to identify and prioritise data cleansing of the respective feeder systems in line with desk top procedure.
- Resolve complex queries in conjunction with the appropriate person(s) internal and/or external to the Trust.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other members of the finance team
The post holder will have:
- Sound communication skills
- The ability to provide and interpret both routine and complex information
- The ability to plan and organise one's own work load
- Numeracy skills
- The ability to produce spread sheets using Excel and Word
- a detailed understanding of accounting procedures ( e.g. reconciliation and balances, VAT reclaimable under Contracted out Services (CoS))
- experience of working within an AP team
- Supplier statement reconciliation
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Purchase Ledger Supervisor role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.