£20000 - £23000 per annum
Role: Purchasing Officer
Location: Stafford - Hybrid working
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
Duration: Minimum of 12 months
Hourly rate: £20k to 23k
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Officer for our Public Sector client based out of Stafford. If you want to work for an organisation with strong values and who offer flexible working, then this excellent opportunity is for you.
- To provide effective support to the organisation in the purchasing of goods and services
- To monitor performance in relation to use of purchase orders and receipting of goods and services
Key responsibilities for the Purchasing Officer:
- To monitor compliance with policies and procedures in place for purchasing goods and services
- To have oversight of the raising of purchase orders
- To promote the use of purchase orders across the organisation
- To ensure the approval matrix is maintained and that all purchase orders are appropriately authorised
- To ensure amendments made to purchase orders are managed
- To ensure good and services are receipted in the system in a timely manner
Key skills required for the Purchasing Officer:
- Strong Administration skills
- Ability to interpret organisational policy to ensure compliance is maintained
- Relevant understanding of a purchase order system with knowledge of relevant transaction flows
- An understanding of a purchase ledger procedures.
- Demonstrate a track record of providing a high quality, customer focused financial service
Our client is keen to hear from candidates that have experience in Administration or Purchasing and can travel into Stafford up to three times a week. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply by Monday 6th June to be considered for short-listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Adam Rouse at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.