Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£35000 - £40000 per annum
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting on behalf of a market leading, international firm of chartered accountants. They are looking for an experienced Qualified Accountant to join their growing Newcastle based team and contribute to delivering the highest possible customer service level the firm are known for.
The Qualified Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of accounts for a range of clients including large corporate SME's, partnerships and sole traders. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards have knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101
Responsibilities of the Qualified Accountant will include…
- Preparing statutory accounts (and consolidated accounts) to review stage for Manager to review and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Planning assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client.
- Briefing junior staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and provide feedback where necessary.
- Communicating any problems or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- Ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the previously agreed budget and/or highlight concerns asap if there are any issues identified in doing so.
- Review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisals
- Liaising with the client and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements (experience of IFRS / charities SORP would be desirable, but not essential)
- Experience of working on audit-sized clients
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value
- Strong oral and written communication skills Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong accounts production skills
- Candidates must be fully ACA or ACCA qualified or have significant relevant experience.
- An understanding of the following accounting packages would be advantageous, Sage, SAPA, CCH Accounting
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply or contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.