County Durham, England
£24 - £27 per hour
8 months ago
Working from home/Seaham/Bishop Auckland
Temporary - 6 months
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor on a temporary basis.
Duties of the Quantity Surveyor role will include, but is not limited to:
- Prepare estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for responsive repairs, cyclical works, voids and investment programmes
- Carry out construction project valuations and certification duties for responsive, cyclical, voids and planned maintenance works.
- Ensure that all valuations and final accounts are produced in a format that allows the Finance team to separate work by component per property for component accounting purposes.
- Deal with 'Open Book' accounting on construction projects and with interim and final accounts with contractors, suppliers and consultants including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts
- Responsibility for undertaking financial checks, maintaining financial controls and monitor costs of schemes against budget.
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline and/or relevant extensive experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills
- A good understanding and use of IT packages
If you believe that you are well-suited to the role of Quantity Surveyor please apply. For additional information, please contact Ellie Parkinson at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.