Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
over 1 year ago
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours)
This leading Development Consultancy based in the North of England are a fast paced, growing client working at the forefront of innovation. They are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for their growing Sunderland team.
You will be required to provide a Quantity Surveying/ Employer's Agent service across a range of projects delivered by the business and be responsible for all aspects of service delivery from inception to completion.
If you believe you have the experience of managing projects and a background in surveying this could be for you!
Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor;
- Management of projects both pre and post-contract across a number of sectors including, but not limited to Housing, Education and Local Government
- Comply with their internal quality assurance management procedures and governance
- Financial management of own commissions
- Lead on commissions, taking responsibility for all aspects of service delivery
- Preparation of contracts for commissions
- Ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards
- Provide Employer's Agent / Contract Administrator services
- Carry out the appointment and co-ordination of other consultants and contractors where required
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse contractor tenders and make recommendations in relation to Contract Award
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Prepare agendas, minutes and supporting documents for meetings as required
- Arrange and where required chair the required meetings to ensure the successful delivery of their commissions
- Carry out Business Development and Marketing activities to support the company's growth
Desired experience of the Quantity Surveyor;
- The ideal candidate will have experience in HE or a commercial background
This supportive employer offer a wealth of opportunity to a potential employee. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Quantity Surveyor role, please apply now, or contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership on 01332 542580.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.