Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Quantity Surveyor required to join a public sector organisation in Middlesbrough. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be supporting managers by ensuring that a consistent high standard of financial and contractual control is maintained for each project and scheme.
Key responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Provide and be accountable for financial forecasts for teams', contractors' and partners' expenditure over the duration of projects
- Provide support for financial planning, forecasting and budget controls
- Act as a source of professional advice, guidance, consultation and support for Managers
- Lead on contract procurement, management and performance across Property Services and support procurement through various frameworks that support our business requirements
- Carry out audit expenditure and contractor accounts, including those of supply chains to ensure accuracy of valuations and invoices
- Undertake feasibility studies, investigations, scope and prepare cost plans and estimates in inform high level decision making regarding commercial and development opportunities
- Produce and maintain accurate and competitive tenders, contract specifications, bills of quantities, written estimates, interim valuations and resource schedules for all in-house investment and cyclical works
- Participate in the estimating, budget setting, tendering and procurement of the investment programme
- Monitor and review schedules of rates and agreed pricing documents
- Produce project budgets, monitor the key cost components including labour, plant, materials subcontract, preliminary costs and provide a monthly cost reconciliation and final outcome forecast report for all allocated projects
- Contractually control subcontractors and their payments
Required skills and experience of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent relevant experience
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Quantity Surveyor role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.