Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
about 1 month ago
Quantity Surveyor required to join a public sector organisation in Sunderland. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a temporary basis.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be carrying out all commercial duties including agreeing with contracting partners agreed maximum prices, valuing variations, processing valuation payments and agreeing final accounts to ensure successful delivery of cyclical and planned works.
Key responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Prepare estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for responsive repairs, cyclical works, voids and investment programmes
- Carry out construction project valuations and certification duties for responsive, cyclical, voids and planned maintenance works
- Deal with construction projects with interim and final accounts with contractors, suppliers and consultants including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts
- Undertake analysis of the performance of suppliers and contractors during the contract stage and following contract completion
- Prepare and maintain progress and information charts and documents as required
- Assist the Managing Quantity Surveyor to support the performance management framework and monitor the status of relevant performance measures in relation to financial management
- Liaise with staff in other directorates and with consultants as necessary to ensure the coordination and smooth running of projects, including legal services
- Attend any pre-contract, progress and other related meetings relating to the delivery of the service
- Prepare, monitor and manage budgets for all construction related activities
- Manage a designated budget insuring that value for money is achieved in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure
Required skills and experience of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 4 in a construction related qualification
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Quantity Surveyor role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.