Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£42806 - £46682 per annum
28 days ago
My client is a large and growing public sector organisation. They are looking to recruit a Regulatory Governance Manager on a permanent basis to assist with their growth and service development. As a Regulatory Governance Manager you will be responsible for a small team of governance officers. You shall have a proven track record of developing individuals and helping to train in an in-house environment.
The successful candidate will have experience of developing best practice guides and ensuring compliance within a changing regulatory environment. Your role will be varied and you will cover all elements of governance. Some salient points of the role are detailed below:
- To build an internal controls framework that responds to regulatory challenge
- To act as lead liaison with all external regulatory bodies
- To develop and maintain a compliance monitoring program, carrying out regular testing and review of the organisation's working practices
- To monitor and guard against business risk
- To analyse regulations and statutory guidance to ensure compliance within an ever changing regulatory landscape
- To act as project lead as required, to ensure effective delivery of change
- To lead on GDPR on an ongoing basis for the organisation
- To identify the compliance training requirements of the organisation and deliver such training
- To be responsible for the organisation's policies, ensuring they are reviewed and published in line with statutory requirements
- To be accountable for the monitoring, recording and reporting of breaches both internally and to the Regulator
- To create and monitor a risk register
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and have substantial experience of working in a regulatory environment. A legal or compliance qualification would be extremely beneficial, but not essential. You must be able to evidence your personal experience of influencing change in working practice; developing and implementing new ways of working alongside addressing operational performance weakness. You must have experience of writing compliance policies and procedures, and monitoring control mechanisms.
For an informal discussion, please do contact me today. This is a fantastic opportunity for a governance manager to build on an already successful CV.