City of London, London
£145 - £200 per day + Flexible Working Arrangements
4 months ago
6 months +
6 Month Contract - Full time
£145-200 per day
A Regulatory Lawyer is required to join the Central Government team to provide high quality and cost effective legal services. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Regulatory Lawyer to join their Government team on an initial 6 month contract.
As a Regulatory Lawyer, you will provide coaching, support, supervision and line management (as required) to Legal Officers, Legal Trainees and Paralegals. You will also undertake complex casework and policy development work. You will analyse risk and benefit within a fast-paced environment, and reassess priorities on a continual basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Regulatory Lawyer
- Provide legal advice in a heath regulation setting.
- Undertake contentious work, including pre-action protocol matters as required.
- Build strong relations with colleagues and leaders in order to prioritise legal advice.
- Support the Legal Managers and Senior Lawyers to deliver objectives, and provide an excellent legal service.
- Identify legal issues and risks, and escalate these where appropriate.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid unlawful discrimination.
Required Skills and experience of the Regulatory Lawyer
- Qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister (or equivalent) is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualified experience is essential.
- Experience providing legal advice in a healthcare regulation setting is desired.
- Public sector experience is desired.
What is on offer for the Regulatory Lawyer?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location - currently remote
- Access to Unique Government Work
- Long term contract lengths
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 6 month contract as a Regulatory Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Regulatory Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Xiomara Cabello at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.