Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£37000 - £46000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an experienced Service Charge Accountant on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be working for a values driven organisation and be expected to take the lead on rent and service charge setting.
My client is offering fantastic benefits including a competitive salary and pension scheme, flexible working and 29 days annual leave.
- Take the lead on rent and service charge setting and liaise with the Leasehold, Housing and Property
- Ensure accurate estimation and reconciliation of service charges for existing schemes & new developments
- Ensure compliance of rent and service charges setting in line with relevant legislation and regulation
- To lead on the independent certification of accounts by the External Auditor in accordance with legislation and the legal requirements of the lease and /or agreement for properties in management
- Prepare the rent and service charge data for communications and rent accounting system upload
- Carry out monthly variance monitoring of all property expenditure against income charged
- Prepare account reconciliations for review
- Support the Finance Partner with monthly reporting, support the management reporting process
- Ensure that the business' customer care standards are maintained when dealing with all stakeholders, including an effective response to complaints
- Lead the ongoing review of the rent and service charge process, including the implementation of relevant systems
You will ideally have knowledge and application of the Regulator of Social Housing's Rent Standard and the 1985 Landlord and Tenant Act, be computer literate with a practical knowledge of Word and Excel and have a good understanding and awareness of financial and accounting procedures.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.